Sunday, May 13, 2007

MOTHERS DAY GIFT



The puppies gave me the perfect Mothers Day gift today - solid stools. Yes, this is what my life has come to. I was a little optimistic in my last blog when I said a few of the puppies had diarrhea. Actually all 8 puppies had diarrhea and it was pretty messy and stinky in the puppy room for a few days. Thank goodness we are now putting disposable pads in the box instead of towels.

Yesterday I took a stool sample to the vet and found out they have hookworms. This really isn't that big of a deal since all puppies need to be wormed and they get the hookworms from their mother. However, even though mentally I realize this is not a big deal, in reality the thought of worms (or any parasite) crawling around my house makes my skin crawl. I was really relieved when I found out that hookworms are not the kind of worms that can grow in your eye. Now I don't have to keep checking my eyeballs in the mirror. So a little medicine yesterday and today we are finally seeing some solid stools.

Here are some pictures taken today. Now that the box is not so messy, we were able to put Mr. Frog in with the puppies. They immediately started to cuddle up to him.





Houdini has been at it again. He actually made it over the little door but we caught him before he hit the other side.



Houdini seems to always be the last one to fall asleep.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww so cute!
i love seeing these puppies grow up! i cant wait for june 15th! so far-the family favourite is blue tail boy--he seems to be "laying low" though =]

Anonymous said...

So what is Houdini telling his mother, anyway? Do you suppose he's ratting out Sissy #3 for stepping on him the last time they nursed, or maybe he's asking mom for a special session? 'Cuz he's a growing boy!

Judy said...

I'm pretty sure he was telling Tiga his escape plans which he carried out perfectly yesterday. I found him walking through the kitchen following Tiga, happy as could be. Once again we have had to make modifications to the puppy pen to keep him from wandering.