Sunday, June 17, 2007

OUR LAST DAY TOGETHER

The puppies woke me up early this morning (5:00 am). I came downstairs to one of the nicest surprises - no poop in their pen. No odor, no mess. All eight of them were standing with their front paws up on the gate, grins on their faces and looking at me like I was the best thing in the whole world. I thought what a great way to spend our last day together. We went out on the deck and played and had breakfast. Several hours later Steve and I put them back in the pen and went to have breakfast with his parents. When we returned I could smell the puppies when I walked in the house. There was poop covering every inch of the pen - the biggest mess we have had in two months. All eight were standing at the fence again, grins on their faces and looking at me like I was the best thing in the whole world. Even though I was holding my breath and my eyes were burning, I still thought they were the cutest things.

I tried to get a video of the puppies skateboarding today, but every time I tried to record them they quit and came to see what I was doing. I finally gave up and just took some more photos.

Tomorrow they will be puppy tested in the morning. Eileen will then determine which puppy will go to which foster home and then at 3:30 the big event. The puppies will meet their new families and start their new journey as service dogs in training. I hope all of the foster homes are getting a really good night sleep tonight.

Here are photos of our last day together.

4 comments:

Mary = The Service Dog Lady said...

Emma and I were so thrilled to see the puppies before they went home. They looked so adorable and cute. Tiga and Judy you did an awesome job of taking care of their needs the past eight weeks. I look at the photos and then at them in person - they are even more adorable in person. What a special way they will help others as a service dog. Thanks for your hard work. Sleep good tonight

Mary and Emma

Miss Maeve said...

Judy--
Thanks for taking such good care of the puppies and letting everyone watch as they grow up!
I've decided to start a blog about training Maeve [formerly Spots], as we did [kinda.started but never kept up with it!] with Cosmo.
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Beckham has fit right in. He just finished entertaining a group of teenagers who had to come over and meet him. He is such a happy go lucky guy. Give Tiga a hug from us.
He does love the soccer ball!

Lori

Miss Maeve said...

Judy-
Go ahead and put up a link. How do you do that? I wanna put the helping paws link up on maeves blog...as well as pics.
Thanks,
Caitlin[And Miss Maeve]