Sunday, April 22, 2007

It is 4:00 am and Tiga has been restless and breathing heavy all night. I took her temp. at 10:30 last night and it was 98.8. I just took it again and it has dropped to 98.1. When there is a drop in temp it means that she will probably deliver in the next 24 hours. Isn't it nice that dogs give you this heads up so you can be ready? I am guessing she will never make it to Wed. She was a few days early with her last litter also.


Here she is now, laying on the couch. This is not where she will be having her puppies!











This is where she will have the puppies - in the whelping box. It is hard to take a picture showing just how big she is but this one gives you an idea.












The great thing about having puppies for Helping Paws is that they provide you with all of the equipment such as this whelping box. They also provide you with support and expertise. Eileen is only a speed dial away and trust me, I use it frequently.
Hopefully my next blog will have puppy pictures.

















































































































No comments: